Mobile equipment market
This position is a confidential replacement, so we cannot be as specific as I would like-sorry about that! Our client is a privately-held, Milwaukee metro-based manufacturer of components supplied to manufacturers of mobile equipment. Their products are considered top of the line by their customers, which include the top names in the industry. An equity opportunity will be available to a top performer.
What’s good about the company:
- They are the industry standard in many of the niches they occupy.
- They are NOT in the low/no margin consumer auto business, but in markets, where you can still make a buck.
- Well-capitalized: this has enabled continuing reinvestment in existing product improvement, and NPD. No long-term debt dragging them down.
- The management team has a collegial relationship.
- Customers are topnotch- name brands you would recognize and respect
- Their products have a leading-edge reputation in the business.
- Privately held; No need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings- decisions are made for the best long-term outcome
- The CEO has a great history of success over the course of his career, and is a good guy to work for.
What’s good about the job:
- An Equity opportunity may be available to a top performer within 12-18 months
- The CEO is a delegator- ‘let’s agree on goals, you get it done”, kind of manager
- Direct an enthusiastic group of engineers in R&D and NPD
- Good opportunity to have an impact by streamlining the NPD process
- Not a bureaucracy, very flat organization, no internal inertia
- Products are safety related, and truly save lives
What the successful candidate will offer:
- Management of NPD in Mechanical products
- Solid knowledge of lean principles
- Engineering management of 10 plus staff
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of mechanical mobile equipment or vehicle components