Senior Product Engineer
Commercial Automotive Products
Our client is an 80 year old, privately-held, Milwaukee metro-based manufacturer of automotive accessories sold internationally. Their products are the “Kleenex” in the niches they dominate. They can go one of two ways in this position, as the headline indicates. A senior engineer who wants to be the technical expert without supervisory responsibilities. If you like solving problems, you will enjoy this role.
What’s good about the company:
• They are the industry standard in most of the niches they occupy.
• They are NOT in the low/no margin consumer auto business, but in heavy duty trucks, off the road and recreational vehicle markets, where you can still make a buck.
• Well-capitalized: their profitability has enabled continuing reinvestment in existing product improvement, and NPD
• The management team has a collegial relationship. The CEO is on a first name basis with his team.
• Customers are topnotch- including Volvo, Ford, Peterbilt, and the like
• Their products have a leading-edge reputation in the business.
• Privately held; No need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings- decisions are made for the best long-term outcome
• They have been told they are the best company to work with by their customers. They are working on providing the best technology and prices as well. You can be part of that.
What’s good about the job:
• Be the main contact for customers like Volvo, Ford, and Peterbilt
• Be involved with new products with a focus on sustaining engineering
• Although things are going well, there is a good opportunity to have an impact by reducing warranty costs with improved designs.
• Solve Engineering problems using tools such as Pro-E and CREO
• High visibility internally and with major customer executives
• Products are safety related, and truly save lives
What the successful candidate will offer:
• Familiarity with designing plastic injection molded and die cast parts
• Previous experience working in a Tier 1 environment
• Familiarity with 3-D modeling: Pro-E or CREO or similar