Senior Director of Business Development- Military / Government
Do well yourself, while doing good for others
Our client is a Milwaukee non-profit that provides employment for special needs individuals. They are a manufacturer, supplier, distributor and service provider of customized kitting for the military, tools, office supplies, office space design, furniture, and promotional products.
Due to the growth of and exciting new opportunities in their military contracting business, they seek a Senior Director of Business Development who is experienced with government and military purchasing methods, including FAR and DFARS, FSSI.
What You Will Like About This Employer:
- Organization mission that goes beyond making money for shareholders. They invest profits in their mission of growing employment opportunities for their special needs employees.
- Nice People! From the CEO on down, you’ll find that these people care about each other, as well as the business.
- Award winning supplier to the Federal Government.
- Already successful with military programs, including a recent multiyear award that will exceed $100MM doing kitting. That’s putting together kits, not knitting!
- Growing organization that has just added a new 100,000 square foot facility to handle the work of new military contracts.
- As an Ability One supplier, they have certain advantages in landing contracts
What You Will Like About the Position:
- No need to relocate, you can work from your home office.
- Opportunities abound- they have had great success in selling kitting services for tools, and other military supplies, and there is excellent potential to add major programs.
- Your market includes all the military and all federal government agencies.
- Strong benefit package with low-cost health coverage that includes both dental and vision; profit sharing.
- Competitive compensation. They believe strongly in incentivizing their business development folks. Quite different than most non-profits.
Successful Candidates will Have the Following:
- Experience selling to the military, and federal government
- Military experience in procurement, with knowledge of FAR, DFARS, FSSI
- 10+ years of related experience.
- CRM tool experience, SalesForce.com a nice plus
- Bachelor’s degree or better.