Our client is an over 50 year-old local (greater Milwaukee Area) manufacturer. The manufacturing operation here has 50-75 shop employees doing plastic molding, metal stamping, assembly and a couple of specialized operations unique to their industry.
They are recently acquired, and now a division of a large, very successful international organization that has committed to help them continue their double-digit growth. Their philosophy is to offer best in class products, and to be socially responsible.
What’s good about the company:
- Their products are well-known, sold in Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, and other national retailers, as well as in some other market segments.
- They offer the broadest line of products in their niche
- The best distribution nationally in their niche
- Growing penetration in the dot com markets ( e.g., Amazon, et al.)
- Their on-time delivery and fill rates are the best in the industry.
- Double-digit growth the last 3 years in a row.
- New owners bringing new products to the business here
What’s good about the job:
- Realistic growth potential; organic expansion & international growth
- There are well-established supplier relationships already; however, improvements of pricing, contracts, inventory, and quality abound
- The Director of Operations is a dynamic, metrics driven leader who will inspire your best performance – NOT a micro-manager!
- This is a strategic role with responsibilities that include finding new cost-effective suppliers and initiating Continuous Improvement projects with existing suppliers
- Excellent pay and benefits
What the successful candidate will offer:
- 5 plus years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- In depth knowledge of supply base, SOC, JIT, WIP, & cost manufacturing tools
- Basic knowledge of quality control and lean concepts
- Experience devising sourcing strategies and negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Degree- Associates or Bachelors; Supply Chain Management, Operations, Engineering, or Business preferred
Nice to Have:
- Some international buying experience
- Product knowledge in castings, metal stampings, basic metal machining, etc.
- Supplier Quality Management