Small manufacturing firm
This a position is the replacement for the recently retired President. Our client is a privately-held, SE WI based manufacturer. They have been in business over 50 years, and retain substantial customers, such as Grainger, because of their high quality and on- time delivery.
What’s good about the company:
- Privately held; No need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings- decisions are made for the best long-term outcome
- Family-owned for several generations
- Quality, long-term loyal customers include companies such as Grainger, Rigid Tool
- Nicely profitable, with no outside debt.
- Building and equipment all paid for. No long-term debt dragging them down.
- They have great tenure in the workforce of 40 employees- average over 25 years.
- Facility has plenty of capacity
- The facility is a fully integrated manufacturing operation, with machining, assembly, toolroom, etc.
What’s good about the job:
- The owners are delegators- ‘let’s agree on goals, you get it done”, kind of management style
- Opportunity abounds:
1) There is no salesforce currently-no reps, no internal sales-not for years
2) The website is a one pager, dating from 2002!
3) Sales stable now, but what if they get proactive?
- Not a bureaucracy, very flat organization, no internal inertia
- The manufacturing operation is well run, with a veteran of the company at the helm
- Excellent compensation package-base salary, bonus, etc.
What the successful candidate will offer:
- General Management experience in a manufacturing organization. Could be in a small division of larger organization, or a stand-alone company
- Strong background in sales management of industrial products
- Reasonable facility with technical products, although an engineering degree is not required
Nice to Have:
- Experience in sourcing from China, although very little done currently
- Experience with family-owned and/or privately-held company of similar – size, $5-20MM