Our client is an over 50 year-old local manufacturer. The manufacturing operation here has 75-100 shop employees doing plastic molding, metal stamping, assembly and a couple of specialized operations unique to their industry.
They are recently acquired, and now a division of a large, very successful international organization that has committed to help them continue their double-digit growth. Their philosophy is to offer best in class products, and to be socially responsible.
What’s good about the company:
- Their products are well-known, sold in Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, and other national retailers, as well as in some other market segments.
- They offer the broadest line of products in their niche
- Growing penetration in the dot com markets ( e.g., Amazon, et al.)
- Double-digit growth the last 3 years in a row.
- New owners bringing new products to the business here
What’s good about the job:
- Realistic growth potential; organic expansion & international growth
- This position will be replacing a retiring veteran of 20+ years
- The Director of Operations is a dynamic, metrics driven leader who will inspire your best performance – NOT a micro-manager!
- This individual contributor role will lead the CI projects for the plant
- Excellent pay and benefits
What the successful candidate will offer:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a production environment
- Prior knowledge and experience in implementing and monitoring of ISO 9001 processes.
- Self-motivate and reliable
Job duties include:
- Provide instruction, guidance and training in the development of new processes and resolution of manufacturing problems
- Collaborate with product engineering to design parts for manufacturability
- Provide productivity improvements to reduce total manufacturing cycle time
- Reduce overall costs through tooling and process improvements
- Create robust processes, tools and gages to reduce variation in the manufacturing process
- Support the development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement, world-class-level quality, and a high-performance work environment
- Interface with supervisors, process leads, product engineers and operators in the development of tools, fixtures, and machines to support existing, new product, and process design
- Provides technical support to analyze and develop manufacturing control systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
Nice to Have:
Experience with injection molding, metal stamping, and/or assemblyEmail Resume To: email@example.com