Head of Field Service
Global manufacturer of integrated processing and packaging machinery used in the food a beverage industry is seeking an energetic individual to lead the service and installation operation that includes North America, the Caribbean, and Central America.
From Southeast Wisconsin, this individual will lead a group of about 350 employees, ensuring both customer satisfaction and financial results. About 50% of revenues result from installation and commissioning of new machinery and 50% from troubleshooting, repair and upgrades.
About the Company
- Global, industry leader with a strong, well established reputation for quality machinery and doing what it takes to satisfy the customer.
- European-based company that takes care of its employees.
- Capabilities range from planning and installing fully integrated processing, packaging, and line systems to replacing or upgrading individual single machines to warehousing and automated picking solutions.
About the Position
- Reports to COO for North America.
- Highly matrixed – working with field service, sales, operations, and subsidiaries throughout North America.
- Focus on P&L – understand the competition and develop appropriate new services and pricing strategies, while keeping an eye on costs and opportunities to streamline.
- Focus on strategies and actions to upskill both the field service staff, as well as the management staff.
- Ensure processes and procedures take into account the “firefighting” that is an inevitable part of field service and installation work.
Candidates Must Have
- Leadership of field service staff for a manufacturer of complex machinery.
- Demonstrated experience balancing customer relationships, while meeting P&L expectations.
- Financial acumen – operating costs, P&L measurements.
- Growth mindset – how to build the “service business” profitably.
- Four year degree, preferably in engineering or business management
- Willingness to relocate to Southeast Wisconsin.
Additional Desirable Experience
- Leadership experience in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with end-of-line packaging equipment or food/beverage processing equipment.