Director of Sales – Packaging Aftermarket
The Director of Sales will be responsible for directing and managing 14 parts and service sales representatives located throughout North America, the Caribbean, and Central America. My client is growing both organically and through acquisition, necessitating this newly created position.
Salespeople are responsible for sales of parts, service, training, and line contracts for this international manufacturer of packaging equipment. You will be leading the group to 6% growth over the next 3 years.
Your strong background selling packaging machinery aftermarket – e.g. multimillion dollar equipment upgrades, parts, service, line contracts, etc. is required.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing and will interact extensively with the equipment sales group, the service group, and will report results to the parent company in Europe.
What’s Great About the Company
- Well-known brand, the “Cadillac” of the industry.
- Stable, profitable, financially solid company with global name recognition.
- High product quality and strong customer support. This company goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Excellent benefit package.
- Company is growing both organically and through acquisition.
What’s Great About the Position
- Reports to the top executive in the US.
- Extensive interaction with leadership throughout the organization, globally.
- Sales Team, previously located primarily at US Headquarters is now mostly located remotely. This position can work from a remote home office or from US Headquarters.
- This position is “newly created” as a result of splitting the position so that the incumbent is now responsible for field service.
- Position is a combination of sales management (e.g. helping a sales rep close a multimillion dollar equipment upgrade) and director level reporting to corporate headquarters.
Successful Candidates will Have
- Strong background selling packaging aftermarket parts, service, retrofit, etc.
- Experience selling into food & beverage industries is helpful
- Able to travel extensively, live close to a major airport
- Success in growing revenue through a direct salesforce