Director of Manufacturing
Our client is an over 50 year-old local manufacturer. The manufacturing operation here has 50-75 shop employees doing plastic molding, metal stamping, assembly and a couple of specialized operations unique to their industry.
They are recently acquired, and now a division of a large, very successful international organization that has committed to help them continue their double-digit growth. Their philosophy is to offer best in class products, and to be socially responsible.
The upcoming retirement of the 30-year tenured incumbent is the reason for this search.
What’s good about the company:
- Their products are well-known, sold in Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, and other national retailers, as well as in some other market segments.
- They offer the broadest line of products in their niche
- The best distribution nationally in their niche
- Growing penetration in the dot com markets ( e.g., Amazon, et al.)
- Their on-time delivery and fill rates are the best in the industry.
- Double-digit growth the last 3 years in a row.
- New owners bringing new products to the business here
What’s good about the job:
- Great learning opportunity as the international owners conduct regular meetings for their manufacturing leaders at their different facilities around the world to expose them to best practices world-wide.
- The COO is a dynamic leader who will inspire your best performance
- This is a strategic role as over half the manufacturing is in China, and you will be involved in decisions needed to be made with the uncertainty around tariffs, etc.
- There are significant opportunities to improve efficiencies, as many operations could be automated. The new owner’s headquarters engineering staff designs their own machinery and tooling, and can assist in this automation effort
- Excellent pay and benefits
What the successful candidate will offer:
- 5 plus years of plant management experience in operations that include plastic molding and assembly
- Top notch leadership skills
- Familiarity with implementing lean concepts
- Strong quality background
- Degree- Engineering a plus, MBA or related Master’s desired
Nice to Have:
- Experience with automation and robotics
- Experience with manufacturing operations overseas, China a big plus