Our client is an international firm that has recently established a US presence, with headquarters here in Milwaukee. They are in a niche business that is a huge market, and are growing rapidly after just a couple years in the US. They are a technology and marketing leader internationally in this niche, and are fully committed to bringing their expertise to the US.
This is initially going to be a “roll up your sleeves” situation. The small staff initially will require a “do what it takes” attitude.
What’s good about the company:
- Privately held: No need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings; no tiresome SEC paperwork and regulations to absorb productive hours!
- They are one of the international leaders in their market niche
- The firm is in an aggressive growth mode here in the US, and, because of their international success, has the capital to support that kind of growth.
- Plan is to double in 2018 organically, plus possible acquisitions.
- A small group of dedicated employees provides a good base for future growth
What’s good about the job:
- You will report directly to the CFO of the international holding company, which has significant operations in a dozen countries.
- You will help select a higher level software platform as they soon move from Quickbooks
- Company size means you will have a chance to wear a lot of hats, be involved in all key decisions, and have an impact on all policies, processes.
- Occasional travel to evaluate acquisitions adds a little spice
- Growth potential is there to the CFO role for the US operations
- Nice work life balance is the company culture- a casual, relaxed work environment
What the successful candidate will offer:
- The usual Controller capabilities, with a minimum of 7 years in the accounting profession
- Experience managing professionals
- Ideal would be a combo of public accounting audit and small company or division Controller experience
- BS Accounting/Finance/Business with CPA
- Strong Excel capabilities
- Nice to have: some HR experience