Fond du Lac- Plymouth – Sheboygan – Kiel – Elkhart Lake area
Commutable from northern Milwaukee suburbs, if you don’t mind a drive
Our client is a custom manufacturer of specialty food products. They manufacture in the premium category for their customers, who include major names in their niche market.
What’s good about the company:
- Privately held: No need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings; no tiresome SEC paperwork and regulations to absorb productive hours!
- Owned by a private equity firm, so the emphasis is on profitable growth, and the PE firm has the capital to fund that growth
- They continue to make Investments in plant expansion and new equipment
- Their business is growing as they add new customers because of their reputation, and growing markets in their premium quality niche.
- In business over 25 years, and growing 20% plus annually
- Stable-The nature of the niche is almost recession proof
What’s good about the job:
- You will have a close relationship with the CFO of the parent company, which is owned by a private equity firm. He is a very sharp individual, and you will likely learn from your interactions.
- Interesting and impactful work. Company size (small) means you will have a chance to wear a lot of hats, be involved in all key decisions, and have an impact on all policies, processes.
- Nice people- your colleagues are nice folks.
- Decent work/life balance is the company culture- a casual, relaxed work environment
What the successful candidate will offer:
- The usual Controller capabilities, with a minimum of 7 years in the accounting profession
- Position could also fit a senior person, who is looking for the last job for a few years before retiring
- Manufacturing cost experience
- BS Accounting/Finance/Business with CPA a nice plus
Nice to Have:
- Great Plains software experience
- Prior work with a Private Equity owned firm