Business Development Manager
We are seeking a growth-minded business developer with knowledge of mineral processing to expand my client’s mineral processing outsourcing business, a key growth strategy for the organization.
Toll processing capabilities include: grinding, toll kilning, calcining, pelletizing, blending/blunging, chemical infusing, and coating. Examples of product capabilities include catalyst carriers, mullite, metabaolin, and fertilizers/pesticide carriers.
Your market knowledge, imagination and contacts will enable your input into the growth strategy and value proposition for this segment of their business (tolling). My client is a $100M, global manufacturer that provides products, technology and services to both industrial and oil & gas markets.
What’s Good About This Company
- Collaborative, supportive culture and leadership. Numerous “best place to work” awards.
- Strong benefit package.
- 98% of Glassdoor reviewers would “recommend to a friend”; 92% “approve of CEO”.
- Not too big, not too small. $100M sales; 500 employees.
What’s Good About The Position
- Apply your creativity and know-how to lead the expansion of their toll processing capability – including defining specific markets to penetrate, developing the value proposition, and working with marketing to strategize around advertising, product literature and trade show attendance.
- Excellent company reputation among existing customers.
- While not a complete “greenfield”, much room exists for your input and development – and satisfaction at having made a significant difference in the company’s growth.
- Position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, who reports directly to the CEO.
What You Bring To This Opportunity
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of mineral processing.
- Successful business development/sales experience, particularly with services versus a product.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Engineering or related.
- Relocation to Houston, TX preferred.