National Sales Manager – Distributor Accounts
Our client is a small – ($10-25MM) privately-owned manufacturer of specialized furniture. They sell through distribution, both to major catalogs, e.g., Uline, Grainger, C&H, etc., as well as through a number of independent rep firms nationwide. The company sells to industrial markets such as laboratories, manufacturers, ‘clean-room’ environments, colleges and universities. There are some untapped opportunities, especially in the education and healthcare markets.
What’s good about the company:
- Stable and solid- over 70 years in business, no debt.
- Growing- averaging 8-10% growth
- Quality products: excellent reputation for overall quality, durability and functionality
- Very price competitive- despite high quality
- Great Customer Service – they have a great reputation for quality and responsiveness.
- Privately held; no need to make short-term decisions to puff up quarterly earnings. The owner is a nice guy! Not always the case……
- US headquarters in Milwaukee metro area
What’s good about the job:
- Opportunity to grow the 80 plus distributors who comprise the majority of distributors, but not of the sales. Some big opportunities to grow these guys.
- Use your creativity: develop programs, promotions, flyers, catalogs
- Dynamic boss- will be a great colleague and mentor
- Great compensation- excellent base plus commissions
- Reasonable travel-40-50%
- Suburban Milwaukee office to work out of.
What the successful candidate will offer:
- Experience managing a distributor sales organization
- Experience in sales forecasting, new product development input
- Experience training sales reps, both internal and independent is ideal
- Experience developing customer-driven sales and marketing plans
- Team player: theirs is a collaborative environment.
- Degree: BS degree or more
Nice to have:
- Experience with products sold in similar markets. A real nice to have is exposure/experience in Education and Healthcare, their best expansion markets. Furniture is not important, but won’t hurt!